Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Christchurch

The city's nice. It's a small place, but still with architecture and businesses like a city. The population is helpful, although most of them seem to be intimidated by my enormous Servo/Croatian counterpart. We're heading off to get equipment soon; tomorrow we'll be on ice. I'm 18 hours ahead of Chicago time, by the way. The flights were ok, if cramped. I didn't sleep much, because the turbulence woke me. And I got to watch Harry Potter. I wasn't a big fan. . . I'm going to try to get a couple of pictures up on the flickr, so there should be a few more things there. later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have arrived, if only in a temporary place. Looked up McMurdo on Goggle Earth last night - we are now a world away from you, pretty much literally. Can't wait to see pics. Take care, miss you.

LY

Anonymous said...

I am sure you figured it out by now, I was the anonymous person.

Jacob said...

I would have never figured that you wouldn't be a big fan of Harry Potter. :p

mattw said...

Is your Servo/Croatian counterpart like a Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Hyde thing?

Have you stepped on any hobbits yet? I hear they don't really care for being stepped on.