Sunday, October 28, 2007

Toys!

Went through all of the field equipment today. There's quite a bit of it there. We've got to have pretty much a full workshop's repair tools in case something goes down in the field, and then there's the tents and sleeping bags and such. Otherwise I'm just trying to keep up. I've had to put a lot of time into my website to get it ready before we helo to the field (at which point we will actually be on the Southern Continent. Right now we're actually on Ross Island, just offshore), and we've had more classes. Today was radio and heavy equipment (ice drills, generators, ATV, etc). It's a good thing I've had some chainsaw experience, or I would be totally lost on two-stroke engine use. The ATV's are kinda scary, but I guess I'll figure it out. We can actually only use them on the lake ice. They rip up the ground too much to allow them onto any sand or soil. I'll try to throw up some pictures of the mountains tonight. Cheers.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the pictures. Try to get some aerial shots if its possible.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a neat experience for you - and yes, great that Dad had you using chain saws here to take out dead trees. Glad you could tap into your prior experience. You have so much going on - and you do it all so well! Keep us posted on all you do - we love to hear about it.

Check email for one from me. I will send news from home again soon.

LY very much,
Mom

processive said...

Guess what... I get to see you before I leave the country (unless of course you take up residence there in Antarctica...which would be weird).

I saw the pics on Flickr. Can't wait to see some Antarcica shots. Stay warm.

Jon Warnock said...

Sweet! When do you head to Busan, then? Also, you look possessed in your picture. . .