Saturday, October 27, 2007

Like Humans Do

I know I shouldn't be surprised, and I suppose really I'm not. I mean, there are only so many of us. But it really is something to cross the world, flying to the middle (bottom?) of nowhere, and run into people you know. Hell, I knew they would be here. Still, it was nice to run into a good portion of the NIU diatom crew, and some old confernce friends. Good to chat and catch up. Nice to have friendly faces here in Oz. Things seem to be perking up. Time for homework :( and sleep :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great to hear you met up with friends. I know that probably made you feel much less anxious. Always good to see a friendly face in Oz. Sounds like you will be quite busy, which will help the time pass and take your mind off of missing home and loved ones. Stay safe, you are missed and loved very much. So extremely proud of you!

Love, Mom

Jacob said...

Well, you did say that the group of people working with diatoms was small. That just goes to show that it really is a small world. Keep smiling. I'll see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Awesome that you're there safe.