Sunday, November 4, 2007

Drills

Today we played with the drills. And the dull blades. And the burnt spark plugs. And the pockets of impossible to move sand. And the stop your drill so that you can only get 20 seconds of drill time between start ups rocks. Damn. We finished one hole, and started a second. We have to go back out after dinner to refill the generator. I'd like to finish the second hole, but my everything hurts and I don't think I have the arms for it anymore. And either way, Meda looks just this side of dead.


Aside from that, it was a very pretty day. Fairly warm (we almost hit freezing) for a while. Amazingly windy in the morning, but calming for the most part the rest of the day. I got some more pics, which I have to review yet, but at least some of them must be good. It's even more amazing being among all of the windblown ice sculpture than it is being aside it.

I only took a short hike today. Some pictures from that will follow, but only after I've done a few more things. . . Maybe I'll go out a bit after the generator. I don't know if I could get comfortable enough to sleep right now in that small bag. I think thats all for now.

4 comments:

mattw said...

Some how, considering the landscape you're in the phrase "go out for a bit" just doesn't sound right. Sounds like you're working hard. I hear those ice goblins make a wicked mocha frap. Take care.

Dom said...

Yea... you definitely have a skill for understatements. lol I couldn't imagine doing any of this, so good job! But it really does sound wicked, fun!

Jon Warnock said...

It's a good time. I'll send some images along later. This is totally a minor domain in the demiplane of dread. . .

Anonymous said...

My,you are quite prolific with your descriptions and such....maybe you should consider writing a book....perhaps an Ice Fantasy? I am amazed that you are still energetic enough to make sense in text - you must be pretty tired at the end of your day. Looks like a lot of hard work and those cold temps can take the last of one's energy.....

We so look forward to the latest saga in Jon's Ice Adventure everyday, and are in awe when we view the pics.

Who in the family did not get your link sent to them?....want them to be able to catch up to your antics!

LY and stay safe, M&D