Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Wind and the Rain

Wind last night. Soooooo much wind. There were gusts that would not only lift the rain fly on the tent, but lift the base of the tent and my head with it. Yeesh. The lake looks totally different, scoured free of snow.

Well, after a bit of magic we had generators again. We just warmed the damn things. I could understand that helping, except that the first day we used them, it was -30. Today it was -5. . . That's bunches and bunches warmer already. Once again, what use is a single data point? So, we had some success today. We got some drilling done, and some surveying. We're still behind, but it shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm much to tired to go walking around, plus my new homework just got posted. I'm sure I'll learn plenty being this tired and... right. So I guess it's a short one today. G'night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you have working generators. The wind sounds brutal. I'm glad that your tent has proved secure. If a strong wind in Kansas takes you to Oz, a strong wind in Oz...