Friday, November 9, 2007

Scoured Clean, Take Two

Alright. This site is acting pretty wonky. Or maybe it's my connection. Either way, I seem to be having issues, hence, nothing last night. Anyways, we had a productive day yesterday. We got a new hole drilled, expanded the buoy hole enough to be useful, to some data downloaded from one of the stations, and packed a few things for the next lake. We'll helo to Fryxell on Tuesday.

After dinner I walked to the other end of Lake Hoare. It was a bit more than an hour to get there. With the snow finally blown away, the lake is completely different. You've never seen so many shades of blue. And there are so many patters of bubbles in the ice, too. Some are like feathers, or pancakes, or strings coming straight up, or crazy curvy brain patterns. I did some sample collection, too. That was a relief, to have it started. I'll get some more pictures up (if the internet will let me), before we go back to work.

No comments: